Serves as principal assistant to the Chairman of the Department, which includes a variety of administrative responsibilities such as coordination and management of faculty, appointment/privileges records and supervision of staff employees. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree or completion of secretarial or business program.
- A minimum of five years of administrative secretarial and supervisory experience.
- Administrative experience in an academic medical setting highly desired.
- Ability to type 55 to 60 words per minute.
- Word-processing experience with particular knowledge of Word/Word Perfect, Windows and file maintenance.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must be detail-oriented and display good organizational skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally as a supervisor and with a variety of persons inside and outside of the Department of Pediatrics.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.