Assists in the management of the operational, personnel and financial activities that support the AVP of Safety and Support Services. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Associate's degree in business management or related field.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two to three years of progressively responsible administrative experience with at least two years of experience in a large, complex work environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent writing and editing skills. Sound judgment and ability to think, act and make decisions independently.
- Strong operational and organizational skills necessary.
Excellent knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint and Excel required.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.