If you are passionate about the quality of care patients and families receive in an acute care setting, we'd love to hear from you. As an assistant to executives, you are supporting the MGUH vision to be a trusted leader in caring for people and advancing health.
Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, responsibilities include:
- Providing direct administrative support to the VP and Chief Nursing Officer, and the Assistant Vice President, Ambulatory Practice Operations.
- Handling all correspondence.
- Scheduling appointments and meetings.
- Arranging all travel and conferences.
- Coordinating all functions hosted by the VP and Chief Nursing Officer, and the Assistant Vice President, Ambulatory Practice Operations.
- AA degree in business management or related field.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Five years of progressively responsible administrative experience with at least two years of experience in a large, complex work environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent writing and editing skills.
- Sound judgment and ability to think, act and make decisions independently.
- Strong public relations, finance, operational, and organizational skills necessary.
- Excellent knowledge of word processing, computer graphics and spreadsheet software(s).
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.