Environmental Care Associate
Part Time, Days, Rotating, 7am-3:30pm
The incumbent in this position provides patients, families of patients, visitors, and medical center employees with a pleasant, comfortable, safe, functional, and aesthetically attractive environment consistent with the standards established by Georgetown University Hospital, the District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA), and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). In this position, the incumbent performs various housekeeping and heavy-duty cleaning throughout all hospital buildings and surrounding areas, and inventories and distributes linen supplies and equipment to user units. The incumbent also maintains effective communications and working relationships with customers. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Completion of tenth grade required.
- High school graduate or GED strongly preferred.
- No experience required.
- Should be able to read, write and speak in English.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to learn occupational hazards and the safety precautions of the job and the application of universal (isolation) precautions for patients.
- As a key representative of Georgetown University Hospital, must have effective communication and interpersonal skills to relate to staff, visitors and patients with varying degrees of illness.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be flexible in order to function in a setting that may be stressful or change unexpectedly due to a patient's condition.
- Must Be Customer-Focused with a Service Attitude.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Environmental Services, Environment, Housekeeping, Housekeeper, Facilities, Janitorial, Janitor, Custodial, Custodian, Clean, Cleaner, Cleaning, Sanitize, Laundry
Manager of Operating Room Supplies Chain Operations | Supply Chain | Full Time, 8 AM - 5 PM | Job #32651
Patient Transporter | Patient Transport Services | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32635
Operating Room Case Cart Technician | Materials Management | Full Time, Nights | Job #32274
Patient Transporter | Patient Transport Services | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32615
Patrol Officer I | Protection Services | Full Time, 6 AM - 2:30 PM | Job #32601
Distribution Specialist | Supply Chain - Administration | Full Time, 3 PM - 11:30 PM | Job #32574
Distribution Specialist | Supply Chain - Administration | Full Time, 7 AM - 3:30 PM | Job #32576
Procedural Area Materials Technician | Materials Management | Full Time, Nights | Job #32277
Biomedical Equipment Specialist II | Biomedical Engineering | Job #31930
Heating & A/C Controls Mechanic | Maintenance Services | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #31528