Environmental Care Associate
Full Time, 3 PM -11:30 PM
The incumbent in this position provides patients, families of patients, visitors, and medical center employees with a pleasant, comfortable, safe, functional, and aesthetically attractive environment consistent with the standards established by Georgetown University Hospital, the District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA), and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). In this position, the incumbent performs various housekeeping and heavy-duty cleaning throughout all Hospital buildings and surrounding areas and inventories and distributes linen supplies and equipment to user units. The incumbent also maintains effective communications and working relationships with customers. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Completion of tenth grade required.
- High school graduate or GED strongly preferred.
- Should be able to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to learn occupational hazards and the safety precautions of the job and the application of universal (isolation) precautions for patients.
- As a key representative of Georgetown University Hospital, must have effective communication and interpersonal skills to relate to staff, visitors and patients with varying degrees of illness.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be flexible in order to function in a setting that may be stressful or change unexpectedly due to a patient's condition.
- Must Be Customer-Focused with a Service Attitude.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Environmental Services, Environment, Housekeeping, Housekeeper, Facilities, Janitorial, Janitor, Custodial, Custodian, Clean, Cleaner, Cleaning, Sanitize, Laundry
Patient Navigator | Otolaryngology | Full-Time, Days | Job #32589
Distribution Specialist | Supply Chain - Administration | Full Time, 3 PM - 11:30 PM | Job #32574
Distribution Specialist | Supply Chain - Administration | Full Time, 7 AM - 3:30 PM | Job #32576
Guest Services Associate | Guest Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32577
Guest Services Associate | Guest Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32484
Procedural Area Materials Technician | Materials Management | Full Time, Nights | Job #32277
Biomedical Equipment Specialist II | Biomedical Engineering | Job #31930
Heating & A/C Controls Mechanic | Maintenance Services | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #31528
Environmental Care Associate | Environmental Services | Part Time, Days, Rotating, 7am-3:30pm | Job #32430
Environmental Care Associate | Environmental Services | Part Time, Days, Rotating, 7am-3:30pm | Job #32427