Emergency Services Support Assistant
Full Time, Nights
Performs clinical, clerical and administrative support functions for the Emergency Department. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent GED.
- In addition, one of the following three requirements must be met: successful completion of an EMT-B program, one year experience as a nursing assistant, office medical assistant or emergency department assistant in a medical setting, or BSN student who has completed the sophomore year and has at least one semester of clinical experience.
- BLS required.
- One year of experience in a hospital emergency department preferred.
- Ability to perform technologies required and to learn other direct patient care technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Ability to set priorities and work in a stressful environment.
- Experience with computers and data entry helpful.
- Knowledge of insurance/third-party payor practices and procedures helpful.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, EMT, Emergency Medical Technician, EMS, Emergency Medical Services, CPR, ED, ER, Emergency Room, Emergency Department, Trauma, CCU, Critical Care Unit, Nurse's Aide, Nurse Assistant, Nursing Assistant, CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, NA, GNA, Patient Care Technician, PCT, Clinical Technician, CHHA, HHA, Home Health Aide, Medical Assistant, CMA, RMA, Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Medical Assistant
Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Technician | Echocardiography | Full Time, 7:30 AM - 4PM | Job #33218
PACU Suite Attendant | Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #33203
Transplant Navigator | Transplant | Full Time, Days | Job #33162
Emergency Services Support Assistant | Emergency Department, G-CCC | Full Time, Days | Job #32456
Child Life Education Specialist | Pediatrics - Child Life | Full Time, 8 AM - 5 PM | Job #32783
Health Physics Technician | Radiation Safety | Part Time, 8am-12pm, Monday-Friday | Job #32905
Newborn Hearing Screener | Otolaryngology - Audiology Division | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #33163
Rehabilitation Technician | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Outpatient/Inpatient | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #32697
Ophthalmic Technician | Ophthalmology | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #32559
Clinical Technician | Operating Room Holding | Full Time, Days | Job #33043