Emergency Services Support Assistant
Full Time, Days
Performs clinical, clerical and administrative support functions for the Emergency Department. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent GED.
- In addition, one of the following three requirements must be met: successful completion of an EMT-B program; one year of experience as a nursing assistant, office medical assistant or emergency department assistant in a medical setting; or BSN student who has completed the sophomore year and has at least one semester of clinical experience.
- BLS required.
- One year of experience in a hospital emergency department preferred.
- Ability to perform technologies required and to learn other direct patient care technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Ability to set priorities and work in a stressful environment.
- Experience with computers and data entry helpful.
- Knowledge of insurance/third party payor practices and procedures helpful.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Nurse's Aide, Nurse Assistant, Nursing Assistant, CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, NA, GNA, Patient Care Technician, PCT, CHHA, HHA, Home Health Aide, Medical Assistant, CMA, RMA, Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Medical Assistant, Nurse, EMT, Emergency Medical Technician, EMS, Emergency Medical Services, CPR, ED, ER, Emergency Room, Emergency Department, Trauma, CCU, Critical Care Unit
Child Life Education Specialist | Pediatrics - Child Life | Full Time, 8 AM - 5 PM | Job #32783
Anesthesia Technician I | Anesthesia | Full Time, Evenings | Job #32732
Echocardiographic Technologist | Echocardiography | Full Time, 7 AM - 4 PM | Job #32693
International Services Coordinator - Arabic | Advocacy & International Services | Full Time, 9 AM - 5:30 PM | Job #32679
Electroneurodiagnostic Technician | Neurology | Full Time, 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday | Job #32666
Oncology Genetics Counselor | Hematology/Oncology | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Job #32556
Ophthalmic Technician | Ophthalmology | Full Time, Days | Job #32401
Cardiovascular Technologist / Radiology Technologist | Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory | Full Time, Days | Job #32145
NICU Family Support Specialist | Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) | Part Time | Job #32765
Rehabilitation Technician | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Outpatient/Inpatient | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #32697