Echocardiographic Technologist (Cardiac Sonographer)
Full Time, 7:30 AM - 4 PM
The Cardiac Sonographer, with specialized education and experience in the medical and technical aspects of diagnostic cardiac sonography, is qualified to perform echocardiography examinations under routine supervision. The Cardiac Sonographer facilitates the operational activities. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate or the equivalent (GED).
- Bachelor's degree in Science preferred.
- Current registration or registry-eligible (registered within 1 year of hire) as a Diagnostic Sonographer OR current registration or certification as a Cardiovascular Technologist.
- Recertification according to national guidelines.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification.
- Minimum two years of experience as a Cardiac Sonographer preferred.
- Basic understanding of cardiac anatomy, physiology, hemodynamics, and pathophysiology.
- Current knowledge of skills in the area of echocardiography.
- Must be able to remain calm and function in stressful and emergency situations and in different work settings (echo lab, special procedures lab, operating room).
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Magnetic Resonance imaging, MRI, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging, NMRI, Magnetic Resonance Tomography, MRT, Computed Tomography, CT, Ultrasound, Interventional Radiology, IR, Vascular Interventional Radiology, VIR, Technician, Technologist, Tech, RRT, Computerized Tomography, American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, ARRT, Sonography, Sonographer, American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography, ARDMS
Mammography Technologist | Breast Imaging Center | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Job #32926
X-Ray Technologist | Radiology | Full Time, Nights | Job #32565
Angiography Technologist | Interventional Radiology | Full Time, Days | Job #30812
Specialty X-Ray Technologist | Nuclear Medicine | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #33253
Ultrasound Technologist | Maternal Fetal Medicine | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #33250
Specialty X-Ray Technologist | Breast Imaging Center | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #33009
Specialty X-Ray Technologist - Breast Imaging | Breast Imaging Center | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #31960
Multi-Modality Technologist | Radiology - New Mexico Avenue | Full Time, Days | Radiology at Foxhall Square – New Mexico Avenue | Job #32377
Specialty X-Ray Technologist | Radiology - New Mexico Avenue | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Radiology at Foxhall Square – New Mexico Avenue | Job #32990