The Cardiac Sonographer, with specialized education and experience in the medical and technical aspects of diagnostic cardiac sonography, is qualified to perform echocardiography examinations under routine supervision. The cardiac sonographer facilitates the operational activities. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate or the equivalent (GED). Bachelor's degree in Science preferred.
- Current registration or registry-eligible (registered within 1 year of hire) as a Diagnostic Sonographer OR current registration or certification as a Cardiovascular Technologist.
- Recertification according to national guidelines.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification.
- Minimum two years of experience as a Cardiac Sonographer preferred.
- Basic understanding of cardiac anatomy, physiology, hemodynamics, and pathophysiology.
- Current knowledge of skills in the area of echocardiography.
Must be able to remain calm and function in stressful and emergency situations and in different work settings (echo lab, special procedures lab, operating room).
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.