Full Time, 7 AM - 4 PM
The cardiac sonographer, with specialized education and experience in the medical and technical aspects of diagnostic cardiac sonography, is qualified to perform echocardiography examinations under routine supervision. The cardiac sonographer facilitates the operational activities. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate or the equivalent (GED); Bachelor's degree in Science preferred.
- Current registration or registry-eligible (registered within 1 year of hire) as a Diagnostic Sonographer OR current registration or certification as a Cardiovascular Technologist.
- Re-certification according to national guidelines.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification.
- Minimum two years of experience as a cardiac sonographer preferred.
- Basic understanding of cardiac anatomy, physiology, hemodynamics, and pathophysiology.
- Current knowledge of skills in the area of echocardiography.
- Must be able to remain calm and function in stressful and emergency situations and in different work settings (echo lab, special procedures lab, operating room).
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Catheter, Catheterization, Lab, Cardiology, Cardiac, Heart, Cardiovascular, Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, CICU, PCCU, Progressive Coronary Care Unit, Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist, RCIS, Registered Cardiovascular Technologist, RCVT, Radiology Tech, RT, Technologist, Technician, Cardiovascular Credentialing International, CCI, EKG, ECG, Electrocardiography, Electrocardiogram
Child Life Education Specialist | Pediatrics - Child Life | Full Time, 8 AM - 5 PM | Job #32783
Anesthesia Technician I | Anesthesia | Full Time, Evenings | Job #32732
International Services Coordinator - Arabic | Advocacy & International Services | Full Time, 9 AM - 5:30 PM | Job #32679
Electroneurodiagnostic Technician | Neurology | Full Time, 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday | Job #32666
Oncology Genetics Counselor | Hematology/Oncology | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Job #32556
Ophthalmic Technician | Ophthalmology | Full Time, Days | Job #32401
Emergency Services Support Assistant | Emergency Department | Full Time, Days | Job #32334
Cardiovascular Technologist / Radiology Technologist | Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory | Full Time, Days | Job #32145
NICU Family Support Specialist | Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) | Part Time | Job #32765
Rehabilitation Technician | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Outpatient/Inpatient | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #32697