Full Time, Days
The Radiation Therapy Dosimetrist designs treatment plans with the aid of a treatment planning system, calculates treatment time for approved plans, handles radioactive sources during implantation and removal of interstitial implants, prepares shielding blocks for electron treatments, and assists in quality assurance checks of treatment units and treatment procedures. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Registered Radiation Therapist or BS degree and completion of a dosimetrist program.
- Certification in medical dosimetry preferred.
- Four years of experience as a Radiation Therapist or completion of dosimetry program.
- Skilled in math and basic physics.
- Should also be detail-oriented and comfortable working with computers.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions essential.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Radiation, Therapist, Therapy, Dosimetry, Dosimetrist, Oncology, Cancer, Treatment, Isotopes, Physics, Physicist