The Director of Respiratory Care is a leader with administrative responsibility and accountability for the management and direction of the operational, associate and financial activities of the Respiratory Care Department. These functions are performed in collaboration with hospital administration, other leaders, medical staff, and other stakeholders, and are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, as well as MedStar Georgetown University Hospital’s philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree program in respiratory care required; Master's degree preferred.
- Registry from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Licensed in the District of Columbia as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (or eligible to obtain upon hire).
- Five years of clinical experience in respiratory care in an acute care facility to include a strong background in all areas of critical care required.
- Three years of supervisory/administrative experience with a thorough knowledge of billing systems in a respiratory care setting required.
- Extensive knowledge of human respiratory anatomy, physiology and pathology as related to respiratory care.
- Knowledge of the operation of respiratory care equipment and its application in a clinical setting.
- Must be self-directed, self-motivated and able to function independently while balancing clinical and administrative responsibilities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.