The incumbent in this position functions as the Director of Operations for the Orthopaedic practice at MedStar Washington Hospital Center campus and satellite locations. Acts a liaison to the Department Chair, Division Chief, faculty, and staff. Reporting to the Regional Director of Orthopaedic Surgery and to the respective Department Chairman, the Director ensures successful planning, management and analysis of department budgets, program development, information systems, human resources, facilities management, and regulatory compliance to maximize the operational potential of the departments. Coordinates clinical ambulatory services in the outpatient clinics and functions as the principle advisor to the Regional Director and Chairman on administrative matters. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital'sphilosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Master's in Healthcare Administration or Business Administration.
- Five years of related administrative and management experience.
- Three years of experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Must be familiar with Medicare and HCFA billing regulations, managed care contracting and accounting practices.
- Must possess knowledge of governmental healthcare fiscal regulations and reporting requirements, including Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, and grants/contracts requirements.
- Must be capable of a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and self-directed decision making.
- Must be highly skilled in identifying and resolving problems and be able to appropriately delegate.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.