Under the general direction of MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's (MGUH) Vice President of Medical Affairs and MedStar Health's Vice President for Risk Management Services, directs, designs, implements, and maintains the MGUH Risk Management Program, focusing on clinical risk identification, risk prevention and risk control. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, along with MGUH's and MedStar Health's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Nursing or a related field is required.
- Master's degree and Juris Doctorate preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of risk management experience in a healthcare environment or related field; 5-10 years of direct clinical experience is preferred.
- Certification in Professional Health Risk Management (CPHRM) preferred.
- If nurse, licensure in the District of Columbia is required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and develop comprehensive reports.
- Ability to motivate and work independently with relevant clinical environment and administrative experience.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.