Director, Radiation Safety
Full Time, Days
Directs, develops and maintains a comprehensive radiological safety program at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital to ensure a healthy environment for patients, employees, visitors, and students. Establishes protocols to confirm radiation safety activities are performed in accordance with approved procedures and regulatory requirements in the daily operation of MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's byproduct material and ionizing radiation program. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Master's degree in Health Physics, Medical Physics or equivalent.
- Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) training and competency shall be in accordance with Code of Federal Regulations 10 CFR - 35.
- Minimum five (5) years of full-time practical training and/or supervised experience in medical health physics.
- Minimum one (1) year of full-time radiation safety experience, serving under the supervision of the individual identified as the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) on a Commission or Agreement State license or permit issued by a Commission master material licensee authorizing similar type(s) of use(s) of byproduct material involving the following: shipping, receiving, and performing related radiation surveys; using and performing checks for proper operation of instruments used to determine the activity of dosages, survey meters and instruments used to measure radionuclides; securing and controlling byproduct material; using administrative controls to avoid mistakes in the administration of byproduct material; using procedures to prevent or minimize radioactive contamination; using proper decontamination procedures; using emergency procedures to control byproduct material; and disposing of byproduct material; or experience and knowledge in managing health physics practices in nuclear medicine facilities providing diagnostic and/or therapeutic services under the direction of physicians meeting the requirements for authorized users in 35.290 or 35.390.
- Knowledge and experience in imaging and diagnostic medical physics with emphasis in x-ray.
- Knowledge and experience as Medical Laser Safety Officer.
- Excellent leadership, management and organizational skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, RSO, Medical Laser Safety Officer, Radiation, Safety, Physics, X-ray, Byproduct, Imaging, Radioactive, Lead, Leader, Manager, Manage, Supervisor, Supervisory, Coordinator, Coordinate, Director, Administrato
Administrator III | Hospital Medicine | Full Time, Days | Job #33143
Administrative Officer - Neurosciences | Neurology | Full Time, Days | Job #33096
Director of Operations, MGUH/Orthopaedics | Orthopaedics at MedStar Washington Hospital Center | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | MedStar Washington Hospital Center | Job #33028