Director, Environmental Health & Safety
Full Time, Days
Direct an organization-wide Environmental Health & Safety Management Program. The Environmental Health & Safety Management Program includes Environment of Care and Environmental and Industrial Hygiene Management programs. The Environment of Care Management Program oversight includes Safety, Life Safety/Fire Prevention, Hazardous Substances/Waste, Security, Medical Equipment, and Utilities Management programs. Formulate and review policies and procedures relative to Environmental Health & Safety and recommend for final approval by Executive Administration. Track, trend, maintain, and communicate organizational information in accordance with organizational needs and agency requirements. Direct the continuous process of information, collection, evaluation, improvement recommendation, and monitoring of effectiveness. Represent the organization's Environment of Care/Safety/Environmental interests to external entities including, but not limited to, Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), The Joint Commission, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and D.C. Department of Health (DCDOH), as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years of related experience with Occupational Safety & Health Administration, OSHA, CMS, Joint Commission, State Health Department, and National Fire Protection Association in a metropolitan hospital environment.
- Successful participation and completion of Joint Commission Surveys, including Environment of Care, Emergency Management and Life Safety as a Chapter Leader.
- Certification in Hospital Emergency Management from Department of Homeland Security/FEMA.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Hospital Safety Professional (CHSP) or currently pursuing.
- Excellent leadership, management and organizational skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of fundamentals of hazard recognition, evaluation and control.
- Adequate knowledge of the implementation of engineering, administrative controls, abatement strategies, and data interpretation.
- Knowledge of regulations and laws involving safety health in the workplace.
- Ability to present data during inspection situations.
- Typing and basic computer knowledge skills to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, flowchart and database management.
- General knowledge regarding computer, telephone, copier, fax machine, pager, and BlackBerry.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Risk Manager, Risk Management, Risk Analyst, QA, QC, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Analysis, Patient Safety, Legal, Liability, ASQ, American Society for Quality, Compliance, Emergency Preparedness, Decontamination, Disaster, Environment, Environmental, Lead, Leader, Manager, Manage, Supervisor, Supervisory, Coordinator, Coordinate, Director, Administrator
PICU Short-Term Contract Nurse | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, C5-2 | Job #31537
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Intermediate Vascular / Telemetry Medical/Surgical Unit, 4 East | Full Time, Rotating Shifts with Opportunity for Fixed Shifts | Job #15511
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant - 2 Bles | Full Time | Job #15874
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Neuroscience Specialty Unit | Full Time | Job #18852
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit | Full Time | Job #21612
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) | Full Time, FIXED SHIFTS, Nights | Job #21511
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) | Full Time | Job #17460