Assesses and provides nutrition treatment, consultation and/or education to referred community pediatrics patients and/or families as ordered by physicians on an outpatient basis. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- BS degree with a major in Food & Nutrition from accredited college or university that includes an accredited dietetic internship coupled with 3 years of clinical nutrition experience required.
- MS degree in Food & Nutrition with approved training from the American Dietetic Association preferred, or specialty certification acquired (such as CNSD, CDE or other specialty) that will benefit MGUH nutrition practice and three years of clinical nutrition experience.
- Public health experience in a pediatric community-based setting preferred.
- Research experience a plus.
- Registered by the American Dietetic Association or Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Licensed in the District of Columbia.
- Current knowledge of clinical dietetics.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility in schedule and tasks, as needed.
- Computer skills.
- Legible handwriting.
- Good customer skills.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.