Customer Service Representative
MedStar Physicians' Billing Services
Full Time, Days
As the primary contact for all Hospital and GPG/CPN patients post service delivery, this individual must be able to quickly identify the nature of each inquiry (responsible for handling telephone inquiries, correspondence and walk-in customers). Inquiries are typically prompted by billing-related concerns but can range in subject from questioning services and associated diagnoses to questions about directions to the facility to requests for consideration of discounts due to charity status. Often, the issues presented cannot be immediately resolved and require follow-up. The problems presented often require advanced analytical skills and highly developed communication/service delivery skills in order to successfully handle disgruntled and confused patients. Additionally, this individual must be adept at rapidly identifying the origin of the issue, Hospital vs. Physician, and within those two categories must distinguish between legacy and current receivables in order to research properly. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school/GED required.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Three years of physician billing experience preferred and two years of customer service experience, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced ability to handle challenging personalities and ability to defuse confrontational situations.
- Comprehensive understanding of ICD-9, HCPCS and CPT coding.
- Knowledge of payers' submission requirements.
- Receivables management experience.
- Able to work in a team-oriented work environment.
- Computer literacy is a must with experience in IDX and/or Invision strongly preferred.
- Proficient in use Microsoft Office products.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Customer Service Representative, CSR, Rep, AP, AR, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Collection, Collections, Accounting, Finance, Financial, Billing, Payment, Bill, Insurance, A/R, A/P, GAAP, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Accountant
Patient Access Manager | Patient Access | Full Time, Days | Job #32802
Senior Financial Analyst | Transplant Department | Full Time, Days | Job #32790
Patient Pre-Certification Associate | Radiation Medicine | Full Time, Days | Job #32782
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32656
Revenue Cycle Analyst | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32600
Central Scheduling Associate | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #32598
Patient Financial Associate | Patient Access | Full Time, Days | Job #32591
Pre-Authorization Associate | Radiology | Full Time, Days | Job #32586
Patient Financial Associate | Patient Access | Full Time, Days | Job #32580
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32555