The incumbent in this position provides patients, families of patients, visitors, and medical center employees with a pleasant, comfortable, safe, functional, and aesthetically attractive environment consistent with the standards established by MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, the District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA), and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (The Joint Commission). In this position, the incumbent performs various housekeeping and heavy-duty cleaning throughout all Hospital buildings and surrounding areas and inventories and distributes linen supplies and equipment to user units. The incumbent also maintains effective communications and working relationships with customers. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Completion of tenth grade required. High school graduate or GED strongly preferred.
- Should be able to read, write and speak in English.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to learn occupational hazards, the safety precautions of the job, and the application of universal (isolation) precautions for patients.
- Must have effective communication and interpersonal skills to relate to staff, visitors and patients with varying degrees of illness.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be flexible in order to function in a setting that may be stressful or change unexpectedly due to a patient's condition.
- Must be customer-focused with a service attitude.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.