Conducts the clinical activities of the pharmacy, participates with the clinical team, provides supervision and educational guidance to staff pharmacists, and assists the Director in setting departmental goals, delivering and advancing the clinical and distributive pharmacy services. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy.
- BS degree required; PharmD degree or Master's degree preferred.
- At least one year of hospital pharmacy experience preferred.
- PGY-2 in Critical Care Medicine preferred.
- Current D.C. license as a Pharmacist.
- Extensive knowledge of the theory and practice of a pharmacy service.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills in providing appropriate care for patients in the following age groups: geriatric, adult, adolescent, pediatric, and neonate.
- Must demonstrate knowledge in a basic understanding of changes in physiology in various age groups, the relationship of drug pharmacokinetics in various age groups, the relationship of age and the proper selection of drugs with regard to diseases, complication of disease processes, common causative organisms, and the toxicities of drugs unique to different age groups.
- Annual performance appraisals will measure the level of knowledge and skills maintained through the use of criteria-based job standards.
- Employees must maintain a satisfactory level of knowledge and skills to continue employment.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.