Food & Nutrition Services
The incumbent in this position is responsible for preparation of foods for patients by utilizing production standards, portion control and standardized recipes. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Completion of eighth grade and two years of food preparation training/experience.
- High school diploma and/or GED desired.
- Large-scale food preparation and/or hospital dietary experience desirable.
- Some knowledge of a variety of foods, their preparation and serving.
- Basic knowledge of sanitary methods to be used in food preparation.
- Knowledge of safety precautions and procedures in cooking food.
- Must be able to understand written and oral instructions.
- Must have basic mathematical skills.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Cook, Chef, Cafeteria, Cafe, Food Service Worker, Restaurant, Catering, Customer Service, Food Preparation, Prep, Meal, Kitchen, Nutrition, Diet, Dietary, ServSafe