The Compensation & HRIS Analyst provides a full range of compensation and human resources information services to hospital client departments and staff. This includes the analysis and evaluation of positions at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, as well as a variety of day-to-day administrative Human Resource Information System (HRIS) functions. This position helps to ensure data integrity while processing and reporting on HR data. The Compensation & HRIS Analyst advises and assists staff in the application and interpretation of compensation and HRIS-related policies and serves as a resource to the HR Department. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, as well as MedStarGeorgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree is required.
- EXPERIENCE: Two years of comparable experience in a large, complex work environment.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: Knowledge of relevant compensation systems. Analytical ability sufficient to develop and resolve systems problems of a moderately complex nature. Excellent working knowledge of compensation policies and procedures. Ability to work interdependently, as well as independently, on projects as assigned. Knowledge of the standard principle practices, methods and techniques of personnel administration. Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines. Ability to interact well at all levels. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Consideration will be given to an appropriate combination of education, training and/or experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs job analyses and evaluation of new and/or existing positions with appropriate input from client department(s), ensuring that their manpower needs are achieved and that consistency of the organizational compensation structure/hierarchy is maintained.
- Performs group data updates, exports, imports and clean-ups; researches/reports on any data discrepancies. Confirms accuracy and integrity of all data entered, maintains data in departmental systems and databases, and ensures information is available on a timely basis.
- Conducts data analysis on HR data such as compensation, classification, employment, employee relations, and/or benefits data as directed. Prepares reports, graphs, charts, and statistics in support of human resources operations. Delivers routine daily/weekly/monthly reporting and responds to basic to intermediate ad hoc data requests.
- Engages, advises and assists staff in the application and interpretation of the automated time system application and the personnel policies/practices specific to its implementation, as appropriate.
- Advises and assists staff, in association with the Director, in the application and interpretation of personnel policies, resource planning, transfers, and terminations as appropriate.
- Evaluates wage market and identifies economic trends, individually and/or with the team, in order to recommend modifications and/or augmentation of the salary structure and individual job rates as required.
- Performs, individually and/or with the team, continuous assessments of customer needs, the delivery of HR services, the effectiveness of those services, and customer satisfaction.
- Provides administrative support in the collection, development and dissemination of human resource-related documents and/or information. Identifies trends, issues and/or problems that may impact compensation administration.
- Processes and monitors all bonus and like payments, annual and probationary evaluations, and associate leave donations. This includes the development and maintenance of files and a divisional database that tracks all aforementioned items.
- Interprets and communicates the policies and practices of the organization to all staff members, client departments and regulatory agencies, as appropriate.
- Identifies and participates in special projects across divisions of responsibility or within the Human Resources Department.
- Assists in the implementation, installation, customization, maintenance, and ongoing support of software packages within the Human Resources Department. Produces regular activity reports and ad hoc reports as needed. Assists with Compensation meetings, orientations and other events and functions, as appropriate.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.