Assists Director of Media Relations with media outreach, Web updates and monitoring. Appropriately uses and monitors social media to promote the hospital and to foster positive media relationships. Escorts media representatives on physician and patient interviews, obtains necessary legal consents for such, and assists with planning and execution of press conferences. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Four-year degree in Communications, Journalism or Marketing.
- 1-3 years of experience in fields of media, marketing, journalism, or communications.
- Strong computer and graphic design skills, as well as experience working with social media and local or national news outlets preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in problem-solving and diplomacy necessary to interact well with physicians and patients.
- Strong writing skills a must.
- Ability to effectively identify, package and disseminate news.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Must be able to balance multiple work assignments that are time-sensitive, and exercise judgment when setting priorities for the accomplishment of those assignments.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.