Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM
Performs retrospective deficiency analysis on all inpatient/outpatient records. Abstracts clinical data from the medical records for statistical and research purposes. Also, assigns the ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 codes and designates the appropriate DRG per record under prospective payment guidelines. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and/or an accredited medical record program. Preferred experience in coding may substitute for degree.
- Must possess current D.C. licensure as a nurse and/or certification for a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Coding Specialist - Physician (CCS-P), or Certified Procedural Coder (CPC). Applicants without certification will be required to complete a requisite certification within 6 months of start date. This will be stated in the offer letter and will be a condition of continued employment.
- At least two years of medical record coding experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Attention to detail accompanied by good organizational skills.
- Able to deal effectively with physicians, liaisons, department administrators, and support staff.
- Able to work independently and practice self-direction.
- Able to communicate and deal with physicians in a professional and articulate manner and understand medical terminology specific to body systems.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Registered Health Information Administrator, Registered Health Information Technician, Technologist, RHIA, RHIT, Tech, Certified Medication Technician, Clerical, Coding, Coder, Medical Billing, EMR, Electronic Medical Record, Certified Coding Specialist, CCS, CCS-P, Certified Procedural Coder, CPC, Acute, Med/Surg, Med-Surg, Med Surg, Medical/Surgical, Medical-Surgical, Medical Surgical, Registered Nurse, RN, BSN, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Payment Posting Representative | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #33086
Central Scheduling Associate | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #33080
Document Imaging Technician | Medical Records | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Job #33058
Patient Pre-Certification Associate | Otolaryngology | Full Time, 8:30 AM - 5 PM | Job #33040
Patient Pre-Certification Associate | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Outpatient/Inpatient | Full Time, Days | Job #33026
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #33023
Patient Service Coordinator | Wound Center | Full Time, Days | Job #33025
Patient Financial Verification Supervisor | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #32992
Claims Processing Specialist | Accounts Receivable | Full Time, Days | Job #32989
Manager, Transplant Financial Operations | Transplant | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32960