Serve as a staff psychotherapist for MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (MGUH) Department of Psychiatry. Will be responsible for providing delivery of outpatient mental health care in the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at MedStar Washington Hospital Center. These functions are performed in accordance all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's and MedStar Washington Hospital Center's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Minimum of Master's-level training in clinical social work, professional counseling, clinical psychology, or marriage and family therapy.
- Completion of clinical internship and supervised clinical hours sufficient for licensure in the District of Columbia.
- Active licensure in clinical social work, professional counseling, clinical psychology, or marriage and family therapy in the District of Columbia.
- At least three years of experience working with children, adolescents, and families required.
- Must have good knowledge of use of electronic medical record systems.
- Must possess the ability to work on clinical teams and to balance provision of direct clinical care with care coordination and collaborative clinical care.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.