Clinical Social Worker, MSW
Transplant - Kidney Acquisition
Part Time, Days, 8 Hours/Week
Provides direct services to patients and families related to transplantation, dealing with illness and post-transplant hospital planning. Provides social work consultation, leadership and teaching functions for designated medical departments, as well as for the community. Adheres to NASW Code of Ethics and exemplifies the qualities and values of the social work profession. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- MSW degree from a school of social work approved by the Council on Social Work Education.
- D.C. licensure at the LICSW level.
- Experience with acutely ill children preferred.
- Clinical social work knowledge and practice skills related to psychosocial aspects of illness.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interdisciplinary and interpersonal skills for practice and consultation.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Counselor, Counseling, MSW, M.S.W., BSW, B.S.W., SW, NASW, LCSW, LICSW, National Association for Social Workers, Psychiatric, Psychiatry, Psychological, Psychology, Psych, Behavioral, Mental Health