Performs clinical social work and provides administrative support and leadership for designated department activities. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Master's degree from school of social work approved by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Preference for post-MSW experience in clinical social work practice in a multidisciplinary, team-oriented medical setting.
- Current D.C. licensure at the LGSW or LICSW level required.
- Academy of Certified Social Workers (ASCW) preferred.
- Good clinical social work knowledge and practice skills related to psychosocial aspects of illness.
- Expert knowledge of organizations, planning and community resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interdisciplinary and interpersonal skills for practice, consultation and supervision of students and other social work.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.