The incumbent in this position is a professional clinical social worker who provides direct services to the patients of the Lombardi Cancer Center. These services are related to hospitalization, dealing with illness and post-hospital planning. The incumbent also provides social work consultation, leadership and teaching functions for the patients of the Lombardi Cancer Center and their families/significant others, as well as for the community. Adheres to NASW Code of Ethics and exemplifies the qualities and values of the social work profession. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Master's of Social Work from an accredited training program.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with acute and chronically ill patients; hospital setting preferable.
- Experience with oncology patients helpful, but not required.
- D.C. licensure at the LGSW or LICSW level.
- Clinical social work knowledge and practice skills related to psychosocial aspects of illness.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interdisciplinary and interpersonal skills for practice and consultation.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.