The incumbent in this position is a manager who participates in and facilitates the management of the operational, personnel and financial activities of the department. These functions are coordinated with the executive staff, hospital leadership, medical staff, director, and others and are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital’s mission, vision and core values.
- Graduate of an accredited degree program in respiratory care required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Respiratory Care or related field strongly preferred.
- RRT from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Certification in Basic Life Support is required.
- National certification in Respiratory Care and D.C. registry or registry-eligible specialty preferred.
- ACLS/PALS preferred.
- Minimum of four years in respiratory care working in areas of critical care, acute care, pediatrics, and neonatology.
- Three years of supervisory/administrative experience preferred.
- Broad knowledge base of human respiratory anatomy, physiology and pathology as related to respiratory care.
- Knowledge of the operation of respiratory care equipment and its application in a clinical setting.
- The ability to assess hazardous conditions related to respiratory care and take corrective action.
- Ability to plan and implement changes in a fluctuating and/or emergency situation.
- Must be able to work as team member as well as lead.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills desired.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.