Manages the operational, personnel, quality improvement, and financial activities of the Interventional Procedures department. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Associate's degree; BS preferred.
- Graduate of an AMA-approved school of radiation science preferred.
- Master's degree in related field preferred.
- BLS certification.
- ACLS certification.
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS), Registered Cardiovascular Technologist (RCVT) or Registered Radiology Tech (RT) required.
- A minimum of three to five years of progressive clinical experience inclusive of two years of supervisory experience required.
- Must have a working knowledge of budget preparation and control.
- Departmental staffing and disciplinary procedures.
- Patient relations strategies.
- Experience planning and implementing new programs and services.
- Knowledge of computer systems.
- Knowledge of management practices and have superior interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to learn principles/procedures associated with assisting in hemodynamic monitoring, cardiac angiography and identification of ischemic changes during procedures and use of radiographic equipment.
- Must be able to act quickly and independently and to remain calm in stressful and emergency situations.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.