Assists in providing clinical leadership for the Respiratory Therapy department to advance the mission and goals of MGUH through collaborative relationships within the medical center, as well as throughout local, regional and national arenas. Promotes excellence in clinical practice by coordinating ongoing education/training programs and performance/quality/safety activities. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown's philosophy, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Associate's degree from an accredited two-year program in respiratory care required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- At least five years in respiratory care to include all areas (neonatal, pediatric and adult) of general and critical care.
- Experience as a supervisor or Charge Respiratory Therapist is desired.
- RRT from the NBRC.
- Certification in BLS is required.
- ACLS, PALS and NRP preferred.
- Excellent clinical skills including, but not limited to, patient assessment, respiratory care equipment and procedures, and respiratory care standards of practice.
- Superior written/verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of education theory and adult learning.
- Basic computer skills required.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.