Works with the Bone Marrow Transplant Program to collect data, provide numeric reports, and maintain the database of the program. Assists the BMT department, providing confidential patient and clinical indication reports. Maintains all SOPs in order to maintain FAHCT accreditation and other regulatory accreditation requirements. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Medstar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree plus two years of experience in a research setting or Master's degree with relevant experience.
- Two years of experience in a research setting or other relevant experience. Experience with the BMT software is preferred.
- Experience in medical records, computer science, health information systems, and data collection.
- Experience with multiple types of data collection, such as telephone interviewing and pen-and-paper surveys, is required.
- Experience entering time-sensitive data.
- Experience developing queries and reports.
- Capacity to troubleshoot, identify, and resolve problems independently.
- Must be familiar with the PC environment.
- Familiarity with medical terminology a plus.
- Good organizational and communication skills and ability to work with multiple healthcare professionals are essential.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.