Clinical Case Manager, RN / MSW
Full Time, 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Monitors the care and services delivered to selected patient populations during the acute hospital stay, promotes effective utilization of resources, and assumes a leadership role with the interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal clinical and resource outcomes for the pre-hospital, acute and post-hospital phases of care. Develops and maintains a positive work climate, and supports the overall team effort of the health system. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Master's degree in Social Work or Bachelor's degree in Nursing required; advanced degree preferred.
- Licensed as a Nurse or Social Worker in the District of Columbia.
- Specialty certification desirable.
- Three years of clinical experience in an acute care setting.
- Utilization management and/or case management experience preferred.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage information for the purpose of setting goals and measuring success.
- Willingness and ability to explain case management, managed care and reimbursement concepts and requirements to patients, families and staff.
- Willingness and ability to coach colleagues and new staff in areas of professional expertise.
- Ability to determine when a referral to other departments is required by the patient's clinical, social or financial situation.
- Ability to interact with clinical departments as necessary to clarify components of the treatment or discharge plan.
- Ability to maintain effective communication with all members of the care team: patient, family and hospital colleagues.
- Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts and techniques that are central to the healthcare professions.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Acute, Med/Surg, Med-Surg, Med Surg, Medical/Surgical, Medical-Surgical, Medical Surgical, Registered Nurse, RN, BSN, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, MSN, Master's Degree in Nursing, Counselor, Counseling, MSW, M.S.W., BSW, B.S.W., SW, NASW, LCSW, LICSW, National Association for Social Workers, Behavioral, Mental Health, Psychiatric, Psychiatry, Psychological, Psychology, Psych