Child Life Education Specialist
Pediatrics - Child Life
Full Time, 8 AM - 5 PM
The incumbent in this position will develop and implement educational programming and provide academic instruction for school-age patients while taking into consideration their medical, developmental and academic needs. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- BA/BS in Education is required; Master's degree preferred.
- Elementary and high school education teaching licensure required.
- Eligible to, but not limited to, teach in the following states: Washington, D.C., Virginia and Maryland.
- Minimum of two years of experience as hospital school teacher in an acute healthcare setting.
- Experience with children of all ages and developmental levels is preferred.
- Teaching experience in public school system preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and enthusiasm for providing educational services to patients within the guidelines of patient and family-centered care.
- Knowledge of educational theory, child development and teaching skills.
- Familiarity with a variety of computer programs and teaching aids.
- Knowledge of state and federal education laws and requirements.
- Ability to relate well with children, adolescents, families, and staff.
- In-depth understanding of the effects of hospitalization on children's growth and development and on family dynamics.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Child Life Specialist, CLS, CLC, Peds, Pediatrics, Pediatric, Child, Children, Development, Education, Educator, Psychology, Family Studies
Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Technician | Echocardiography | Full Time, 7:30 AM - 4PM | Job #33218
PACU Suite Attendant | Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #33203
Transplant Navigator | Transplant | Full Time, Days | Job #33162
Emergency Services Support Assistant | Emergency Department, G-CCC | Full Time, Days | Job #32456
Emergency Services Support Assistant | Emergency Department | Full Time, Nights | Job #32833
Health Physics Technician | Radiation Safety | Part Time, 8am-12pm, Monday-Friday | Job #32905
Newborn Hearing Screener | Otolaryngology - Audiology Division | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #33163
Rehabilitation Technician | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Outpatient/Inpatient | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #32697
Ophthalmic Technician | Ophthalmology | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #32559
Clinical Technician | Operating Room Holding | Full Time, Days | Job #33043