Charge Correction / Edit Specialist
MedStar Physicians' Billing Services
Full Time, Days
Receives and analyzes all charge correction requests for the GPG departments and PUBS, including RMS edits by utilizing the IDX Billing System and SMS accurately and efficiently. Makes certain that all edits needed of the approximate $18.5 million in charges posted to the A/R monthly are completed in a timely manner. Provides feedback to the GPG departments on charge submission errors to reduce occurrence. Provides feedback to GPG departments and PUBS staff through the Charge Entry Manager and/or Claims Processing Supervisor and Charge Entry Supervisors on erroneous correction requests.
- Minimum of 2 years of charge entry and/or claims processing experience with a minimum of 1 year of charge edit experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least two years of college preferred.
- Knowledge of the charge entry and claims processing policies, procedures and practices in clinical practice setting, including knowledge of basic billing as relates to ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding.
- Excellent data entry, keyboarding with a minimum of 50 wpm (alpha and numeric).
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a deadline-driven and production-oriented workplace.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, AP, AR, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Collection, Collections, Accounting, Finance, Financial, Billing, Payment, Bill, Insurance, A/R, A/P, GAAP, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Accountant, Audit, Auditing, Auditor, Analysis, Analyst, Business
Patient Scheduling Associate | Transplant Surgery - 64710 | Full Time, Days, 8:00 to 12:00 to 4:30 | Job #32587
Radiology Pre-Authorization Associate | Radiology | Full Time, Days | Job #32586
Patient Financial Associate | Patient Access | Full Time, Days | Job #32580
Patient Services Coordinator | Otolaryngology | Full Time, Days | Job #32554
Patient Account Analyst II | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32550
Customer Service Representative | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32551
Patient Registration Associate | Various Departments | Full Time, Days, Monday-Friday | Job #32468
Financial Coordinator | Post Transplant Surgery | Full Time, Days | Job #32459
Patient Services Coordinator | Post Transplant Surgery | Full Time, 8am to 12pm to 4:30pm | Job #32414
Senior Financial Analyst | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Outpatient/Inpatient | Full Time, Days | Job #32394