Charge Correction / Edit Specialist
Full Time, Days
Receives and analyzes all charge correction requests for the GPG departments and PUBS, including RMS edits, by utilizing the IDX Billing System and SMS accurately and efficiently. Makes certain that all edits needed of the approximate $18.5 million in charges posted to the A/R monthly are completed in a timely manner. Provides feedback to the GPG departments on charge submission errors to reduce occurrence. Provides feedback to GPG departments and PUBS staff through the Charge Entry Manager and/or Claims Processing Supervisor and Charge Entry Supervisors on erroneous correction requests.
- Minimum of 2 years of charge entry and/or claims processing experience with a minimum of 1 year of charge edit experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least two years of college preferred.
- Knowledge of the charge entry and claims processing policies, procedures and practices in clinical practice setting, including knowledge of basic billing as relates to ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding.
- Excellent data entry, keyboarding with a minimum of 50 wpm (alpha and numeric).
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a deadline-driven and production-oriented workplace.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, AP, AR, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Collection, Collections, Accounting, Finance, Financial, Billing, Payment, Bill, Insurance, A/R, A/P, GAAP, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Accountant, Audit, Auditing, Auditor, Analysis, Analyst, Business
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32656
Patient Financial Associate | Radiology | Full Time, Days | Job #32643
Health Information Specialist II | Health Information | Full Time, 8am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday | Job #32641
Document Imaging Technician | Full Time, 3pm-11:30pm, Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, & Saturday | Job #32608
Revenue Cycle Analyst | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32600
Central Scheduling Associate | Central Scheduling | Full Time, Days | Job #32598
Patient Financial Associate | Patient Access | Full Time, Days | Job #32591
Radiology Pre-Authorization Associate | Radiology | Full Time, Days | Job #32586
Patient Financial Associate | Patient Access | Full Time, Days | Job #32580
Charge Correction / Edit Specialist | MedStar Physicians' Billing Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32555