Certified Office Medical Assistant
Full Time, 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Performs a variety of patient care-related activities to assist physicians, physician extenders and nursing staff in the ambulatory setting. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate or equivalent GED.
- Completion of Nursing Assistant/Medical Assistant course strongly preferred.
- Phlebotomy training/certification preferred.
- Certification by an accredited professional organization, i.e., National Healthcareer Association (NHA), American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or American Medical Technologists (AMT), preferred. If not certified at the date of hire, must do so within six months of hire date.
- CPR certification required.
- One year of experience in healthcare setting, preferably an outpatient setting.
- Experience with electronic health records preferred.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to maintain a safe work environment.
- Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and as directed.
- Skill in taking vital signs, maintaining records and recording results.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patient, medical staff and the public.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to read, understand and respond to detailed oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Nurse's Aide, Nurse Assistant, Nursing Assistant, CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, NA, GNA, Patient Care Technician, PCT, CHHA, HHA, Home Health Aide, Medical Assistant, CMA, RMA, Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Medical Assistant
Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN II | Otolaryngology | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Job #32549
Certified Office Medical Assistant | Various Departments | Full Time, Days, Monday-Friday | Job #32477
Clinical Technician | Surgery Center | Full Time, Days | Job #32348
Nursing Assistant | Various Units | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #32217
Nursing Assistant | Nursing, 6 Bles | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #32523
PACU Suite Attendant | 7 West, Procedural Post-Anesthesia Care Unit | Full Time, Evenings | Job #32513
Emergency Services Support Assistant | Emergency Department | Full Time, Days | Job #32334
PICU Short-Term Contract Nurse | Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, C5-2 | Job #31537
Registered Nurse, RN, BSN | Intermediate Vascular / Telemetry Medical/Surgical Unit, 4 East | Full Time, Rotating Shifts with Opportunity for Fixed Shifts | Job #15511
Registered Nurse, BSN, RN | Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant - 2 Bles | Full Time | Job #15874