The individual in this position is responsible for supervising, in conjunction with the Central Scheduling leadership team, all the functions and activities related to patient access in the department including, but not limited to, accurate patient registration and scheduling. The person in this position is responsible for organizing, training and supervising the activities of personnel engaged in Central Scheduling activities. The person in this position creates and edits master schedules and works closely with the Central Scheduling management to identify patient service issues and ensure continuity of services to patients and providers. These functions are performed in accordance with MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's (MGUH) philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Two years of college; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Four years of experience in a medical/clinical office required and at least one year of extensive experience with centralized scheduling functions.
- Experience with computerized registration systems and supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of IDX/GE Centricity Business preferred.
- Experience with an electronic health record system desired, especially GE Centricity EHR or Aria.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills, and good telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and HMO/PPO insurances necessary.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of different individuals.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment and appropriately motivate staff.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.