The individual in this position serves as the primary scheduling point of contact for scheduling activities for all hospital-based ancillary and GPG departments. The individual is responsible for performing the functions and activities related to accurate patient scheduling including, but not limited to, working with departments on their physician scheduling protocols, supporting the master schedulers where necessary, accurate and complete patient registration, and scheduling and accurate patient insurance assignment. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's (MGUH) philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- High school graduate or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of medical and healthcare terminology a must.
- Three years of experience scheduling in a medical/clinical office or related experience required.
- Experience with computerized scheduling and registration systems.
- Working knowledge of IDX/GE Centricity Business preferred.
- Experience with an electronic health record system desired, especially GE Centricity Clinical or Aria.
- Able to work in a complex work environment with heavy call volume that involves coordination and support with various departments, patients, healthcare providers, and systems.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of different individuals.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment.
Ability to organize and prioritize work.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.