Under minimal supervision, provide expert-level experience in the repair, calibration and maintenance of medical equipment, instrumentation and support systems used in healthcare delivery. Execute professional-level inventory assessments/audits and preventive maintenance of medical equipment. Provide remedial corrective maintenance and maintain documentation of all service events, tests and maintenance performed on clinical equipment. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- A minimum of an Associate's degree or equivalent trade school or military certificate in electronics technology or biomedical equipment technology.
- A minimum of four years of experience in the repair, maintenance and calibration of electronic instrumentation with particular emphasis on medical instrumentation.
- Specialized technical training and/or experience involving medical instrumentation of specific types will be weighted heavily in the choice of candidates, due to staffing needs and priorities at the time of hire.
- AAMIBMET certification is highly desirable.
- Factory training on specific types of equipment to be maintained is also desirable, as applicable to MGUH.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.