Biomedical Equipment Specialist II
Performs functional testing, preventive maintenance, calibration, and repair of basic to complex biomedical instrumentation throughout the hospital. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- A minimum of an Associate's degree, or equivalent trade school or military certificate in electronics technology or biomedical equipment technology.
- AAMI BMET Certification is highly desirable.
- Factory training on specific types of equipment to be maintained is also desirable, as applicable to GUH.
- A minimum of three years of experience in the repair, maintenance and calibration of electronic instrumentation with particular emphasis on medical instrumentation.
- Specialized technical training and/or experience involving medical instrumentation of specific types will be weighted heavily in the choice of candidates, due to staffing needs and priorities at the time of hire.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art analog and digital electronics, microprocessor theory and operation.
- Knowledgeable in the use of equipment described above.
- Knowledge of and experience with mechanical and electromechanical assemblies, gears, motors, pistons, solenoids, valve fittings, etc., is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, medical terminology and clinical practice.
- Knowledge of biomedical instrumentation, devices and techniques of measurement.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair complex analog and digital circuitry to the component level with a minimum of supervisory assistance.
- Ability to relate well and deal with the needs of clinical users, including working under the pressure of time constraints, urgent need for the equipment, and the risks involved with improper operation of clinical equipment.
- Ability to communicate well with others in discussing equipment issues with staff and providing training to staff.
- Ability to operate in a positive customer service environment.
- Perform documentation in a detailed, neat and organized manner.
- Computer literacy, both hardware and software, is required.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Repair, Install, Installation, Equipment, Equip, Clean, Maintain, Maintenance, Calibration, Electronics, Tech, Technologist, Technician, Biomedical, Engineer, Engineering
Patient Navigator | Otolaryngology | Full-Time, Days | Job #32589
Distribution Specialist | Supply Chain - Administration | Full Time, 3 PM - 11:30 PM | Job #32574
Distribution Specialist | Supply Chain - Administration | Full Time, 7 AM - 3:30 PM | Job #32576
Guest Services Associate | Guest Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32577
Guest Services Associate | Guest Services | Full Time, Days | Job #32484
Environmental Care Associate | Environmental Services | Full Time, 3 PM -11:30 PM | Job #32433
Procedural Area Materials Technician | Materials Management | Full Time, Nights | Job #32277
Heating & A/C Controls Mechanic | Maintenance Services | Full Time, Rotating Shifts | Job #31528
Environmental Care Associate | Environmental Services | Part Time, Days, Rotating, 7am-3:30pm | Job #32430
Environmental Care Associate | Environmental Services | Part Time, Days, Rotating, 7am-3:30pm | Job #32427