Full Time, Days
The incumbent in this position performs neuro and vascular interventional examinations in accordance with established protocols, as directed by the attending radiologist. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Graduate of AMA-approved school of radiologic technology.
- Associate of Science in Radiologic Science required.
- As part of their education, candidates must also demonstrate competency in didactic coursework and an ARRT-specified list of clinical procedures by completing competency requirements established for the discipline in which they are seeking certification and registration.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists RT (R).
- CPR certification required.
- Certification in Vascular Interventional (VI), Cardiac-Interventional (CI) or Cardiovascular (CV) preferred or must be obtained within 1 year of hire.
- Associates must comply with the ARRT rules and regulations and the ARRT Standards of Ethics.
- A minimum of six months of hands-on training is required.
- Clinical experience required.
- Preference will be given to applicants with angiography experience.
- Must be familiar with and able to perform and/or learn the technical operations during such procedures as angiograms, angioplasties, embolizations, dilations, biopsies, fibrinolysis, venograms, and myelograms.
- Ability to work under stressful and emergent situations.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Magnetic Resonance imaging (MRI), Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging (NMRI), Magnetic Resonance Tomography (MRT), Computed Tomography (CT), Ultrasound (US), Interventional Radiology (IR), Vascular Interventional Radiology (VIR), Technician, Technologist, Tech, RRT, Computerized Tomography, American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), Ultrasound, Sonography, Sonographer, American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) *MSJA
Echocardiographic Technologist (Cardiac Sonographer) | Echocardiography | Full Time, 7:30 AM - 4 PM | Job #32827
Mammography Technologist | Breast Imaging Center | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Job #32926
X-Ray Technologist | Radiology | Full Time, Nights | Job #32565
Specialty X-Ray Technologist | Nuclear Medicine | PRN / Per Diem, Rotating Shifts | Job #33253
Ultrasound Technologist | Maternal Fetal Medicine | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #33250
Specialty X-Ray Technologist | Breast Imaging Center | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #33009
Specialty X-Ray Technologist - Breast Imaging | Breast Imaging Center | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Job #31960
Multi-Modality Technologist | Radiology - New Mexico Avenue | Full Time, Days | Radiology at Foxhall Square – New Mexico Avenue | Job #32377
Specialty X-Ray Technologist | Radiology - New Mexico Avenue | PRN / Per Diem, Days | Radiology at Foxhall Square – New Mexico Avenue | Job #32990