The incumbent in this position performs neuro and vascular interventional examinations in accordance with established protocols, as directed by the attending radiologist. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Graduate of AMA-approved school of radiologic technology.
- Associate of Science in Radiologic Science required.
- As part of their education, candidates must also demonstrate competency in didactic coursework and an ARRT-specified list of clinical procedures by completing competency requirements established for the discipline in which they are seeking certification and registration.
- A minimum of six months of hands-on training is required.
- Clinical experience required.
- Current experience in interventional angiography preferred.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists RT (R).
- CPR certification also required.
- Certification in Vascular Interventional (VI), Cardiac-Interventional (CI) or Cardiovascular (CV) certification preferred or must be obtained within one year of hire.
- Associates must comply with the ARRT rules and regulations and the ARRT Standards of Ethics.
- Must be familiar with and able to perform and/or learn the technical operations during such procedures as angiograms, angioplasties, embolizations, dilations, biopsies, fibrinolysis, venograms, and myelograms.
- Ability to work under stressful and emergent situations.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.