Manages the undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate medical education programs of the Department of Surgery, Department of Plastic Surgery, and associated surgical specialties. These functions are performed in accordance with MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- BA/BS required. MA/MS in healthcare, education or relevant field preferred.
- Progressively responsible experience in an academicand/or healthcare setting or equivalent setting, including supervision of staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Familiarity with computer database systems and basic accounting for expenses.
- Ability to interact with diverse physicians and managers.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.