Responsible for the overall administration and financial activities of the department’s on-site and off-site locations, including teaching, research and patient care activity. Directs the financial and accounting operations of the department, including financial planning, budget management and accounting functions. Establishes department-wide accounting procedures and formulates instructions to ensure proper execution of fiscal operations. Directs the accounting activities of the department, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, centralized account reconciliation, and professional liability coverage for faculty and residents. Develops and monitors all budgets, and coordinates administrative tasks. Supports departmental faculty, helping to identify and enhance revenue opportunities and assisting them in addressing regulatory issues that impact the department. Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks and interacts with all members of the department. These functions are performed in accordance with MedStar Georgetown University Hospital’s philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Accounting, or related occupational field.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in a primary care clinical or hospital department setting with strong financial management experience inclusive of two years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of healthcare administration, fiscal management systems and techniques.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and interact well with a diverse faculty and staff, as well as internal and external clients.
- Must possess good interpersonal, organizational and communications skills, as well as proficiency with financial programs (Excel, spreadsheets) in addition to Microsoft Word and Access.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data.
- Must have strong attention to detail and possess good time management skills.
- Knowledge of advanced practice delivery models for primary care and HRSA/NIH grant financial management preferred.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.