Serves as a senior member of the management team in the Department of Medicine (DOM). Oversees all financial aspects of the Department of Medicine. Conducts strategic planning in vetting and launching new service offerings and regionalization opportunities. Performs ad hoc project management related to launch/implementation of new growth initiatives. Oversees budget development, forecasting, financial reporting, revenue cycle management, and accounting. Works closely with division administrators, division chiefs and department chairman to maximize financial performance and expansion of service lines. Provides back-up and follow-up on behalf of the Senior Administrator and Chairman. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Master’s degree in healthcare management, administration or related field required.
- A minimum of five years of experience in managing in a hospital and/or physician practice; personnel management experience.
- Must be able to communicate and work with people on all levels.
- Must have strong computer and organizational skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent quantitative, oral, communication, writing, and organizational skills and abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of computer software and hardware, including packages for spreadsheets, word processing, database, desktop publishing, statistical programs, and communications.
- Must have human resources management experience.
- Must have high level of confidence and skill with ability to prioritize and to make difficult decisions.
- Ability to supervise, manage and develop managers with a wide range of skills and experience.
- Demonstrates leadership, initiative, judgment, and creative ability.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple tasks, projects and priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of insurance regulations, physician compensation, project management, and revenue cycle management preferred..
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.