Under the direction of the Regional Chief of the MedStar Breast Health Program and Vice President, Administration of the MedStar Washington Integrated Surgery Service, plans, directs, manages, and coordinates activities for the MedStar Breast Health Program. These functions are performed in accordance all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- BA/BS in health care-related field; Master's degree in Health Care, Business Administration or Nursing Administration preferred.
- At least three to five years of progressively responsible practice administration experience, preferably in an ambulatory care setting.
- Knowledge of all practice areas, including staffing, insurance, patient service, financial management, and regulatory and daily operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, identify issues and work toward solutions that will ensure efficient practice operation.
- The position requires a high level of advocacy and problem-solving ability.
- The skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision making, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
- The ability to plan, prioritize, organize, and direct the work of others and to communicate clearly are all requirements of this position.
- Sophisticated knowledge of inpatient and outpatient hospital and physician operations with particular emphasis in area of specialty.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.