The incumbent in this position functions as an Administrator for the Department of Gastroenterology and the Endoscopy unit. Acts as liaison between the Department Chief, the Directors of Endoscopy and Biliary Endoscopy, faculty, and staff. Has administrative responsibility and accountability for the management of the diagnostic practice, managed care policies and practices, practice development, and oversight of budgets and associated accounts, including supervising and assisting in the development of appropriate practice development and revenue accounting reporting systems. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital’s philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s in Business Administration, Public Health or related field preferred.
- Four to six years of comparable experience in a large, multi-specialty ambulatory setting.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer programs to assist with patient recall via endoscopy database.
- Experience with implementation of computerized systems.
- Must be familiar with accounting and financial management procedures and operational management.
- Capable of exercising independent judgment, providing effective supervision of staff, communicating and developing policies and procedures, and effectively interacting with department, Medical Center, university, and community personnel.
- Able to perform in an extremely high-pressure environment and respond to multiple demands simultaneously.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.