Full Time, Days
Serves as the key administrative lead of the Washington Region (community hospital) Hospital Medicine, Pediatric Hospitalist and critical care programs. Serves as the liaison between affiliated hospital presidents, VPMAs and administrators and MGUH COO, Chairman, VPMA and Administrator, DOM. Oversees matters related to operations, financial performance, billing processes and quality performance at affiliated hospitals. Operations management responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the oversight of front-end billing and collections, human resources-related activities for support staff, and establishment and implementation of regional policies and goals to achieve objectives, program development, assistance with clinical operations, financial management, and overall coordination of services for each of the affiliated hospitals. Provides the Washington region medical directors of Washington Region Hospital Medicine with administrative and operational support. Responsible for scheduling and coordinating meetings and trips to the non-MGUH hospitals. Responsible for personnel, payroll, computerized systems, and telecommunications as they relate to the affiliated hospitals. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Management or a related field.
- Master's degree in Healthcare Management preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a hospital setting.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and communicate with several persons in a multilevel capacity.
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving and decision-making.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with senior leadership, medical and administrative staff, patients, and the public.
- Experience with development of clinical protocols/pathways and managing physician-directed service.
- Ability to produce reports/data in an accurate and timely manner and to effectively meet deadlines.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and ability to maintain confidentiality.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all candidates for employment and employees.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Manager, Management, Executive, Administrator, Director, MBA, Master's, Business Administration, MHA, Operations, Finance, Personnel
Administrative Officer - Neurosciences | Neurology | Full Time, Days | Job #33096
Director, Radiation Safety | Radiation Safety | Full Time, Days | Job #33034
Director of Operations, MGUH/Orthopaedics | Orthopaedics at MedStar Washington Hospital Center | Full Time, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | MedStar Washington Hospital Center | Job #33028