Responsible for the Division of Thoracic Surgery ambulatory care operations at all MedStar locations with concentration at MWHC, Baltimore MFSMC and MGUH. Provides assistance with planning activities and team problem identification and problem solving. Acts as a liaison between hospital administration and the department. Oversees office policies and procedures and monitors the productivity and efficiency of the clinic. Trains and develops the staff, and assists in team problem identification and problem-solving activities. Oversees the operational development of patient care, assists in the strategic planning of revenue generation, manages operating budgets, and provides oversight to the function of main campus and satellite locations. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar Health philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- BA/BS degree in health care-related field. MHA or MPH preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience, preferably in physician practice setting.
- Experience in personnel selection and supervision.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment and respond to multiple demands.
- Knowledge of physician practice areas, including staffing, insurance, patient care, financial management, and regulatory and daily operations.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively, identify issues and work toward solutions to ensure efficient practice operations.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
MedStar Health is an Equal Opportunity (EO) Employer and assures equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We hire people to work in different locations, and we comply with the federal, state and local laws governing each of those locations.
A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non- disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the job sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.